How do I import the contents of my Gmail address book?
Via Google Contacts Sync
The easiest way to get your Google contacts into Batchbook is by syncing the two accounts. Our Google Contacts sync is a one-way sync that gives you the option to import your Google contacts into Batchbook (during sync set-up), de-dupes those contacts on import, and then maintains updates made in Batchbook by pushing those changes out to Google Contacts.
Please note that Google Contacts sync is one-way. As such, we recommend that you use Batchbook as your primary contacts source, since changes made in Google will not sync back down to Batchbook.
For detailed instructions on syncing your Google contacts, click here.
Via CSV or vCard Import Files
Alternately, you can import your Gmail address book. To do this, you first need to convert the contents of your address book into either a vCard or CSV format:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Access your contacts via the Contacts link.
- Click the More Actions pull-down menu at the top right of the Contacts box, and select Export.
- Choose which contacts you'd like to include in the export.
- Select the following export format: Outlook CSV.
- Click Export.
- Select a location to save your file, and click OK.
- Follow the steps for importing a CSV file into Batchbook.
NOTE: We will queue any import with 40 or more records. If your import is queued for this reason, you'll receive a message in Batchbook letting you know. We will also send you an e-mail confirmation when the records have been successfully inserted into your Batchbook account, which should happen in under five minutes.