How do I use contacts from Batchbook in a Mail Merge document?
You can easily use a CSV file that you create in Batchbook to create a personalized letter, flyer, or other document using MS Word’s Mail Merge feature.
First, create your list on the List & Reports tab in Batchbook. When your list is done, click the Export CSV button, and then save your list as a CSV file in Excel (or the worksheet program of your choice). Then, from MS Word:
Directions for MS Word 2007
Directions for MS Word 2003
- Open an MSWord document and, from Tools, select Letters and Mailings: Mail Merge.
- Select Document Type: Letters.
- Under Starting Document, select Use the current document or Start from a template if you want to use a template.
- Under Select recipients, select Use an Existing List and browse to find your Batchbook CSV file.
- Select Table: click OK.
- Double check the Mail Merge recipient list to make sure it's as you want it, then click OK.
7. To add recipient information to your letter, click a location in the letter and then on the links provided. For address block, click the link and then select the information you would like to include. Click Match Fields to select the proper database field for each address field type.
8. Format the greeting line.
9. Preview your letters; you can make edits at this time.